Thursday, September 22, 2011

Should I put my picture on my resume?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!


Ok, I just need to get this out there. Now, this is my personal opinion and I am not sure if all recruiters would agree, BUT please, please, do not put your photo on your resume. The purpose of a resume is for a company to get a sense of your education and work experience. Your photo has NOTHING to do with that, I really don't care what your professional picture looks like. What are you trying to prove when you put your picture on your resume? What? I mean, please answer that question for me.

With Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr and Twitter, I can find a picture of you VERY easily. And chances are, I will check your social media presence prior to interviewing you. Instead of trying to show me how professional you are with a nice picture on your resume, create a positive, professional, online presence. PLEASE hide your Facebook drunk photo's from me. Also, some of those wall posts, TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Google your own name and see what comes up... that is what a recruiter will see.

Take that photo you want to put on your resume, and put it on your LinkedIn profile, I will see it. While you are at it, upload your resume to your LinkedIn profile and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment